In the past 30 years, technology has grown in leaps and bounds and has benefitted all industries, especially the medical industry. The surgical procedures for hair restoration have seen a huge advance with both new techniques and more natural and permanent results. Until there is a magic pill which regrows hair, hair transplants are the best and most efficient way to achieve a full head of hair.
Unfortunately, as surgical and technological advances continue, prices for hair replacement have in some cases become prohibitive. Because hair loss surgery (elective) in most cases is not covered by health insurance, the patient cannot afford the cost and will either forego a transplant or will resort to a less natural solution. Fortunately, there is an alternative solution, although it still includes a quality hair implants.
Hair loss treatment options: hair transplant abroad 2023
There are several options for UK male patients looking for hair transplants in Europe. Some popular options include:
- Turkey: Turkey is one of the most popular destinations for hair transplants in Europe, thanks to its high-quality clinics, experienced surgeons, and relatively low cost. Many clinics in Turkey offer both FUE and FUT procedures, and some even offer advanced techniques such as sapphire FUE and DHI.
- Poland: Poland is also becoming a popular destination for hair transplants, with many clinics offering high-quality services at a lower cost than in the UK. Some clinics in Poland specialize in advanced techniques such as FUE and ARTAS.
- Czech Republic: The Czech Republic is another popular destination for hair transplants in Europe. The country has a large number of experienced surgeons and advanced clinics that offer FUE and FUT procedures.
- Hungary: Hungary is also a good option for hair transplant patients. The country has several experienced surgeons and advanced clinics that offer different hair transplantation methods.
- Belgium, Netherlands, and other western European countries are also a good options, They have the most advanced technology and experienced surgeons. However, the cost may be higher than in other European countries.
It’s important to do your research and choose a reputable clinic with experienced surgeons to ensure the best possible results. It’s also important to consider the cost and to compare them with the clinics in UK.
Bald patch on the head / Receding hairline treatment options
There are several options for treating a bald patch and receding hairline, including:
- Medications: Finasteride (Propecia) and Minoxidil (Rogaine) are two medications that are commonly used to treat a receding hairline. Finasteride works by inhibiting the production of the hormone DHT, which is believed to be a major cause of hair loss. Minoxidil is a topical solution that is applied to the scalp to stimulate hair growth. Both medications have been shown to be effective in slowing hair loss and promoting new hair growth.
- Hair Transplants: Hair transplants are a surgical option that involves taking hair from the back of the head and transplanting it to the front to create a more natural-looking hairline. Both FUT and FUE hair transplants can be used to achieve this.
- Scalp micropigmentation (SMP): SMP is a non-surgical hair loss treatment that involves tattooing tiny dots of pigment to the scalp to create the appearance of a fuller head of hair. It is especially effective in treating receding hairline and also can be used to cover up scars from previous hair transplants.
- Laser therapy: Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a non-invasive treatment that uses low-level lasers to stimulate hair growth. It’s believed that the laser energy helps to increase blood flow to the hair follicles, which can promote growth.
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP): PRP is a treatment that involves using a person’s own blood plasma, which is rich in growth factors, to stimulate hair growth.
It’s essential to have a consultation with a qualified hair specialist in order to evaluate the best option for you, as it depends on the severity of the bald spot or receding hairline and the individual’s preference.
What are my options on saving money for a Hair Transplant?
Only a small percentage of us have the money to finance such an expensive medical procedure in the UK or Ireland. Thankfully, for those living in these countries, there is a solution which will provide affordable and high-quality hair loss treatment. The answer lies in Hungary, the top country for Medical Tourism.
For more than a decade, Hungary has been the number one destination for those looking for medical solutions abroad. Being strategically placed, the UK and Ireland have a selection of inexpensive flights direct to Budapest which can be reached in just over 2 hours. And with the cost of airfare, lodging and other expenses included, you can still save over 60% on the cost of hair transplant surgery.
Our knowledgeable staff will assist you with all your travel needs so that you feel at home when you arrive in Hungary and have your surgery.
Is the quality as good as in the UK and Ireland?
Although your procedure in Hungary is significantly less expensive, the quality and procedures are on the same level and in some cases even better. The FUE Safe System method is the preferred procedure used and is the most highly advanced technique in the industry. This is a far cry from the Hair Plugs of the 1980s and uses the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method where 1-3 hair follicles are harvested and placed into the donor area.
London, Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff, Leeds and Birmingham are the cities where you can get a free evaluation and consultation. This is beneficial as the cost of your procedure is not just a guesstimate but a personal medical evaluation of the cost of your procedure and what type of procedure will be done. There are no surprises, and with the multi-lingual staff in both the UK and Budapest, nothing will be lost in translation.
Why should I come to Budapest from my hair transplant?
Cost, Quality, Care and the beauty of Budapest are the 5 reasons to come here for your hair transplant surgery. It’s no wonder many patients spend an extra 2-3 days here to enjoy what this Eastern European capital has to offer in terms of excitement and history. Read the patient reviews and see why Hair Palace is the top destination for Hair transplants throughout the world. We look forward to seeing you in Budapest in the near future! Please check out our consultation page for more!